Greater telekinesis

Go down

Greater telekinesis

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 am

Name: Greater Telekinesis

Element(s): Space

Cost: 10* (See below)

Description: Nothing, objects grabbed just levitate, no special effects.

Effect: Grants the ability to focus on multiple distant objects and move them according to caster's will. For every 10 MP spent, the weight lift-able is starting with 1000 lbs, adding a further 1000 for every 10 more MP. rounded up as needed. This is a maintenance cost and is payed per post. Any number of objects of theoretically any weight can be lifted (Assuming enough MP was spent). People can resist the effect by spending the appropriate amount of MP to resist it (Which is a matching cost). Creatures and people are also naturally resistant to lifting due to their complexity and struggle, and cost triple what they should to lift.

History: Telekinesis for larger or more complicated objects takes that much more effort. Just an extension of her basic telekinetic ability.

Last edited by ReinaKaitlynn on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ReinaKaitlynn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greater telekinesis

Post by Ire on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 am

For every 10 MP spent, the weight lift-able is multiplied by itself starting with 10 lbs, rounded up as needed.

Give me an example.

Ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 pm

It follows the rules of exponential growth, so:
"There in the desert had to be the strangest thing she'd ever seen, a carpet, apparently moving of it's own accord, was struggling to escape a small boulder. It pained her to see it struggle, so Reina attempted to lift it telekinetically. First she exerted a small amount of effort to see if she could get it, about 20 lbs worth of force, but it wouldn't budge. Next she decided to try to force it off with a much sharper shove, exerting a much heftier 80 lbs of force. It rolled off slowly, freeing the rug."

20 mp spent for first attempt, 40 for the second.
(mathematically: 10 base, for 10 lbs. add 10 mp to double capacity to 20, added further 20 for second attempt to double 20 to 40, then 40 to 80 lbs)

Altered drastically >_>
ReinaKaitlynn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ire on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 am

.... I think I liked your exponential angle better to be honest. 10 Mp for 1000 pounds? That's like an entire smart car...

Ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinaKaitlynn on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

Well it was overpowered the other way.... Like, more than overpowered overpowered....
Give me a moment, I'll make an equation.
ReinaKaitlynn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down